When you own a business and have an office space for yourself and your employees, it is a given that you must hire a company that will manage the upkeep of your workplace. But before employing, you must know the cleaning industry best practices and ensure that the company follows them.
When a commercial cleaning service follows the industry standards, you know that you can be at peace, and the maintenance of the office is in the best hands. Here are some commercial cleaning industry trends you should know about.
- A commercial cleaning service should follow the regulations and management standards by ISSA or International Sanitary Supply Association’s Cleaning Industry Management Standards (CIMS), which include:
- Good service delivery
- Quality cleaning systems
- Human Resources
- Health, safety precautions
- Green Building
- Management commitment
- They should use Eco-friendly cleaners, which will reduce the negative impact on the environment, and is better for those working in the office as the chemicals would be less hazardous.
- They must follow the guidelines laid out by the Center for Disease Control (CDC). The service must take special cleaning care during the pandemic. The covid-19 pandemic has shown us how sanitizing and disinfecting is crucial to safeguard people from getting infected. A reputed commercial cleaning service must ensure they follow all the guidelines for the safety of the employees.
- They should identify the high-touch surfaces as these are the places through which germs can spread. Surfaces like doorknobs, keyboards & mouse shared by multiple employees, railings and handles, common drawers, telephones, coffee makers, and water coolers are high-touch-points at any workplace.
- They should offer a high cleaning frequency. Even though you don’t clean the carpets or wash the windows every other day, regular cleaning must be done almost every day. Good office cleaningand janitorial services are essential to maintain a healthy work environment.
- The cloth they use to clean the surfaces should not be reused. It might just carry the germs forward.
- The cleaning service must follow safe cleaning practices. Ensure the safety of people working in the office and those who are visiting. If there are areas where people may fall, they should be blocked to avoid any slips and falls. Similarly, if a site is wet, there should be adequate warning. Moreover, if anything is broken that might hurt anyone, it must be taken care of as soon as possible.
- They should have modern commercial and industrial cleaning equipment. A machine will scrub clean floors and tiles much better than a regular mop. Especially flooring that has dirt accumulated is more challenging to clean. A good cleaning detergent and machine scrubbing and polishing would leave the surface sparkling.
A professional and reliable company can offer you cleaning industry best practices. They will have the experience and trained staff to handle your workplace cleaning requirements. A good cleaning service will not only ensure that they follow safe cleaning practices, but they will have non-hazardous detergents and polishes and the best commercial and industrial cleaning equipment to take care of the upkeep of your office.